- Information which is exchanged in confidence between Suredata and the Client via Suredata’s support ticket system.
What information Suredata collects
Suredata collects personal information relevant to your transaction with Suredata, including your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and credit card information (via eWay) and certain non-personally identifiable information from your computer that reflects your use and configuration of Suredata, including, without limitation, statistics relating to how often backups are started and completed, performance metrics relating to the Software, and configuration settings. This information collected will be sent to Suredata and may be used by Suredata without restriction.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Suredata uses “cookies” and other technologies to collect data that enables us to better understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of our web site. Cookies are files sent to your browser and stored on your computer. If you do not want Suredata to send cookies to your browser, you can set your browser options to reject cookies or notify you when a web site tries to put a cookie into your browser software. Rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some features of the Suredata Products.
Suredata gathers general information about visits to our web site, the files you have marked for backup, the configuration of your computer and your computer’s interaction with Suredata. Suredata uses this information to provide the service, understand traffic and downloads on our web site, provide you with technical support, improve the web site, and provide the best online experience possible for our customers.
How Suredata uses Information
Suredata will not sell your personal information to third parties. Suredata may, from time to time, share with you information about other products and services that we think you may find to be of interest. If you wish to change the types of communications you receive from us, you may do so by emailing your request to Suredata at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that opting-out of receiving promotional email will not affect receipt of service-related, transactional, or legal communication via email in accordance with the Terms.
Suredata will not view the contents of your backed-up files. Suredata may view your file system information (file and/or folder names, file extensions, sizes etc. but not your file contents) to provide incremental backups and file comparisons, quality control, and technical support. Suredata will not disclose your personal information, including the contents of your backed-up data with Suredata, to third parties unless disclosure is necessary to comply with law.
- We use and may disclose your personal information in order to:
- Provide services to you;
- Research, develop, administer, protect and improve our services;
- Check your credit worthiness with a Credit Reporting Agency; and
- Comply with a legislative instrument such as a request for information by a regulatory body or a Court Order.
- Excluding the requirements in Clause 1 above, we will not any information you give to us to any other entity without your express permission.
- Customers may request access to personal information collected by Suredata in relation to themselves and the use of their account. We work to ensure these details are always correct and up-to-date and will amend any inaccuracies or make changes to details upon request.
- By law, we must retain some customer information for a minimum of five years. However, we do not retain clients’ personal information longer than is necessary for the purposes of compliance with the law and routine administration.
- We keep customer information in a controlled facility, secured against unauthorised access. Proof is always required before information gets released to any person, including the customer.
- We typically communicate with customers by email and send all customers a fact sheet approximately monthly. In exceptional circumstances, urgent notifications may also be sent out by email or customers will be contacted via phone.
Sharing of Suredata Support System Tickets with Third Parties
(excluding authorised contacts)
Unless it is a request to comply with a legislative instrument such as a request for information by a regulatory body, a Court Order or implies a legal offence, the Client and/or Suredata will not share any information which forms part of the conversation thread of Suredata Support tickets with third parties without Suredata permission, please contact us.
Suredata’s reputation and goodwill is extremely important. Permission to use images featured on this website has only been given to Suredata and therefore should not be downloaded or used in any way by a third party without consent. To use images of children on this website without Suredata consent is against the wishes of their families. For information on obtaining permission for an image, please contact us.
Personal Identifiable Information
Suredata has committed to handling personally identifiable information in accordance with all currently applicable legislation such as the Australian Government Privacy Act.
Acceptance of terms